Thoughts stimulated by a discussion about smart kids. Question - does facility with numbers, that is math skills mean that an individual will be successful in other areas of study? Those who are good with numbers would likely say yes. Others who are less skilled in mathematics would likely say no. Both sides would certainly have anecdotal evidence. Is there research? A quick search via Google scholar revealed little. There were some interesting articles concerning predicting success with high school GPA and ACT/SAT testing.
Perhaps a better question is, what does it mean to be successful? A lot of money, a big house, an attractive spouse, a good career, happiness, contentment, service to humanity, fame, are these measures of success? Will I be judged successful if my funeral is standing room only? Should I even be asking the question? Perhaps worrying about success is a sure indicator of failure.
If I strip it to essentials, what does my idea of a successful life look like. Better yet, who can I use as a pattern for a successful life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment