Thursday, May 24, 2007

Windows Baby!

It’s all about windows baby! I don’t mean MS Windows. I mean actual windows. The panes of glass we peer through while lurking in our homes. The manufacturers have very impressive and scientific numbers, acronyms, and statistics indicating their product is superior. I was ready to go with a vinyl window until I was told that within a few years my vinyl windows would be grotesque twisted caricatures of what a window should be. I must have a special fiberglass like (better than fiberglass) material. Only in this manner will my windows retain their true windowness.

I am conflicted about installation. A helpful fellow at a home improvement megastore told me that installation is easy. I am troubled by visions of myself trying to force a square peg into a round hole while becoming progressively angrier at the universes conspiracy to thwart my happiness. In the end a thousand dollars may be a small price to pay to let someone else handle the details. But where’s the adventure in that? It’s all about the windows baby!

New topic -Check out this article about mental accounting.

No comments: